Online Cervical Sample Takers Update
Our Mission - The Elimination of Cervical Cancer Through Excellence in Education
"This has been such a useful and helpful way of doing an update online. It was very well presented and the information was pitched appropriately (I often find these updates too basic). It was helpful to do in my own time as work is very busy and hard to attend study days - as well as having limited study leave. Thank you for producing a fantastic update! Hope to see more in future"
Cervical cancer kills many women each year and can be prevented through regular cervical screening. Following education and training for nurses and doctors, regular update training is essential. Since 2000, PDI has been commissioned by CCGs previously named Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) to train over 4,000 nurses and doctors in cervical sample taking in accordance with the NHS Cancer Screening Programme standards.
Our foundation course for new sample takers runs over two days and is without exception consistently highly evaluated, involving a range of consultants and experts.
In addition to our face to face basic and update cervical sample taker courses we have recognised the difficulties and costs involved in leaving the workplace to attend these courses. We now offer an excellent option to update online. Since 2009, our innovative online cervical sample takers update has been accessed from all over the UK and beyond.
Why Update Online
- It saves time out of work.
- It saves on travel time and costs.
- We give special rates for bulk purchases.
- Feedback to screening leads confirms completion of training.
- Cost saving of over 60% annually over face to face updates.
- The programme is regularly updated to keep it fresh and topical with the latest information and resources.
- Conforms to NHSCSP standards.
- Involves a self assessment of knowledge and contributions by a cytology expert and a genito-urinary consultant.
- It is the equivalent of a half day update or approximately two and a half to three hours.
- It has received excellent evaluations.
What does the online course cover?
For a full explanation of our online sample taker's update course, you will find everything in the course overview document.